Do you want to be a part of the 2020 Ontario Winter Games?
York District Badminton Association will enter one teams at the 2020 Ontario Winter Games in Orilla, Ontario from February 27th to March 1st, 2020.
Two teams of 5 boys and 5 girls (see age criteria below) will be selected to represent YDBA. The team will have two alternates, one boy and one girl who will only go to the games if a selected player can not attend.
Date/Time/Location of Tryouts/Format of Tryouts: Deadline is Oct. 27, 2019 on-line at
tournamentsoftware.com/sport/ tournament?id=A236894E-3543- 4CBD-A287-DD1588A583D8
Contact information: President@federationbadminton.
Athlete Eligibility Criteria:
1) Any player who is a member in good standing with YDBA district or Badminton Ontario;
a) Players must be members of an affiliated club in the YDBA district or Badminton Ontario;
b) Players do not need a Badminton Ontario Competition Player Card to tryout;
c) Players must have a current Badminton Ontario Competition Player Card to compete in the 2020 OWG (Games);
2) Players must be between 13 and 18 years of age during the Games (February 27-March 1, 2020);
3) Players will be selected according to YDBA selection process;
4) Players must be able to play in the Games (February 27-March 1, 2020) AND attend a majority of practices prior to the games;
5) Players must be Canadian citizens or have Canadian Landed Immigrant status;
6) Player’s school address, parents’ address, OR affiliated club must be within the boundaries of YDBA;
7) Any U19 athletes selected by Badminton Canada to represent Canada in any “external” multi-national event (e.g., Junior World Championships, the Junior/Senior Pan-Am Games, etc.) whether or not they actually attend the event are ineligible to participate in the 2020 OWG; and, in the case of any U15/U17 athlete selected as above (e.g., Jr. Pan Am Championships) each athlete is eligible to try-out and compete in the OWG if selected.
8) A player is not eligible to compete in the Games if they have played in a closed badminton championship in any other district, province or country in the previous season in which the Game’s are held.
9) Athletes can ONLY TRY OUT FOR ONE DISTRICT.
Please email to the above address if you have any questions or concerns
The team selection is based on the results of the selection tournament and up to the discretion of the OWG YDBA Coach and Manager.
There will be a $40 entry fee for the tryout tournament, which is paid on registration.
Players who qualify will be required to contribute towards the cost of uniforms. Accommodations and meals during the OWG’s are provided at no cost to the athletes, coaches, and managers.